Ludlow is one of England’s most historic towns. It is famous today for its architecture, gastronomy and many cultural events.
Ludlow French Twinning Association was the town’s first twinning group, formed in 1986.
We encourage year-
There is an active Committee elected from our membership, run as informally as possible, and members are encouraged to participate. Ludlow Town Council supports our aims through a Twinning Agreement with La Ferté-
Our main purposes are expressed in the Agreement as:
1. To develop opportunities to foster relationships between the people of Ludlow and La Ferté-
2. To encourage exchanges between young people within an education and training framework [business, crafts, agriculture, public services, tourism and cultural activities]
3. To encourage new families with children to join in, thanks to exchanges between school groups and others.
4. To develop and establish cultural exchanges in order to share common interests, the heritage of the two towns and their history.
5. To develop economic initiatives [business, agriculture, crafts], from individuals or with the help of their professional organisations.
See our Constitution
Calling all Twinning Associations! If you run a local twinning Association or know someone who does, we would like to hear from you. As part of our project of strengthening links with Associations in the Marches, Mid Wales, Herefordshire, Shropshire and the West Midlands, we would like to contact you but cannot always find an up-